This week’s lesson on honoring God with money focused on practical money-management tips. These ideas have been culled from books, magazine articles, and internet sites, including Crown Financial Ministries and Christian Financial Concepts.
Today’s tips focus on ways to save on clothing and medical expenses for your family.
Saving on Clothing:
1) If you can sew, consider making clothes.
2) Make a written list of clothing needs and purchase during the “off” season when possible.
3) Select outfits that can be mixed and used in multiple combinations rather than as a single set.
4) Frequent the discount outlets that carry unmarked name-brand goods.
5) Shop at authentic factory outlet stores for close-out values of top quality.
6) Select clothing made of home washable fabrics.
7) Use coin-operated dry cleaning machines instead of commercial cleaners.
8) Practice early repair for damaged clothing.
9) Learn to utilize all clothing fully (especially children’s wear).
10) Check out Goodwill and the Salvation Army for clothing.
11) Have clothes swapping parties. Works for kids’ clothes and grown up clothes.
Reducing Medical Expenses:
1) Prevention is cheaper than treatment.
2) Teach children to eat the right foods and clean their teeth properly. Good diet, rest, and exercise will most likely result in better health.
3) Ask doctors and dentists in advance about costs.
4) Shop for prescriptions and use generic drugs when possible.
5) Be sure to use doctors and labs that are in your insurance network.